Personal Information That Is Collected By Daisychain
Daisychain will limit the collection and processing of information to that necessary to fulfill our function as a nanny recruitment company. The data that we would require depends on whether you are a client seeking a nanny / nursery nurse or a nanny / nursery nurse seeking alternative employment. Personal information may include:
- basic personal information, including name and address and contact details;
- information about your family and lifestyle that are pertinent to a vacancy on which you wish us to work;
- classic Curriculum Vitae (CV) contents, work history, education etc.;
- visual images of documentation or required for identification purposes (such as copies of passports, certificates, driving licences, DBS etc.).
How Daisychain Obtains Personal Information
Daisychain collect and process your personal information at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. Our primary source of your personal information will come directly from you in the form of interviews and Emails. In addition, we may obtain personal information from:
- publicly available sources:
- third parties e.g. referees, amongst others.
All personal information will always be respected by Daisychain. Only those persons within Daisychain or directly authorised contractors of Daisychain will be allowed access to it and only whilst using it in pursuance of work directly related to you.
Daisychain does not share any of your personal information with any third-party companies for the purposes of marketing or analysis.
By supplying Daisychain with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any other documentation you are agreeing to the CV and documents being transmitted by post or Email to clients of Daisychain seeking employees for vacancies they have registered with Daisychain.
By receiving a CV or other documentation from Daisychain sent in response to your vacancy placed with Daisychain you are responsible for ensuring the copy’s safekeeping and eventual destruction when no longer required.
As a standard part of the recruitment process you may be asked to supply references. By their nature references contain personal information. It is imperative that you seek permission of the referee to send on any reference as their contact information may be used to verify the reference.
At Daisychain we recommend that only the phrase ‘References available on request’ is entered on a CV and the referee details sent separately.
Personal Information Destruction
Daisychain will maintain personal information received for an indefinite period. Should we receive updated versions of personal information we already have the supplanted version will be destroyed. All hardcopy (paper etc.) personal information is shredded. Digital personal information is deleted from computers.
Daisychain may decide to destroy personal information if it is deemed no longer relevant to the operations carried out by the company.
- You have a right to gain access to the personal information Daisychain holds about you.
- You have a right to have inaccurate personal information rectified.
- You have a right to have incomplete personal information updated.
- You have a right to request that Daisychain delete part or all of the personal information we hold on you.
- You have a right to request that Daisychain restrict processing of part or all of the personal information we hold on you until you are satisfied of its accuracy / completeness.
- You have a right to request that we provide your personal information in a portable format to a third party. Daisychain will not be responsible for that third party’s use of the data.
- You have a right to object to your personal information being used by Daisychain for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a right to object to Daisychain processing your personal information. Please be aware under such circumstances the company would obviously no longer be able to continue working on your behalf.
- You have a right to withdraw consent for Daisychain to use your personal information. By supplying personal information, you would have given Daisychain permission to use it from the point in time of collection.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with Daisychain or the regulator.
Lodging A Complaint
At Daisychain we sincerely hope that nobody feels that they need to lodge a complaint regarding the misuse of their personal information. However, should you regard lodging a complaint necessary we will make every attempt to ensure that we can rectify the issue to your satisfaction.
We would kindly request that in the first instance you bring your concern to Daisychain’s attention by contacting us either by ‘phone 01494 956261 or Email email@example.com. Our Controller of Data will investigate, correct if necessary, report back to you and monitor any process change.
Should you feel that you need to escalate your complaint regarding personal information you can always contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information is available at www.ico.org.uk.